1999-2013 GM Vortec 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 V8 GM and Chevy Vortec Dual Alternator Bracket
When you need more output than the factory
alternator or a single High Output Alternator can handle, or want the
safety and security of a secondary alternator, a GM dual
alternator bracket is the perfect solution. This kit fits popular GM
Trucks and SUV's such as Chevy Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade, H2, Silverado
and Yukon with the 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, and 6.2L Vortec V8 Gas engines.
Unlike other GM Dual Alternator bracket kits
on the market that are cheaply made and poorly designed, our Dual
Alternator brackets are precision CNC waterjet cut from solid 3/8" STEEL
plate. Then we coat them with a super durable powdercoat finish so they
stay looking and working great! With our dual alternator kit, the
mounting plate is securely fashioned to the engine with 4, 10MM grade
12.9 bolts which makes installation very simple and secure.
How easy is your dual alternator bracket to install?
seeing is believing and that a picture is worth a thousand words. For
this reason, we would like you take a look at our step-by-step
installation guide with detailed pictures of every single step of the
Why run dual alternators?
What if you had a separate charging system dedicated to the additional accessory load? By running dual alternators you can do just such a thing, and doing so leaves the factory charging system intact doing what it was intended to do, running the vehicle while the secondary alternator carries the additional accessory load.
- The factory alternator does what it is designed for, recharging the factory battery and supporting the factory electrical needs.
- Dedicated charging system for your separate electrical system
- Compatibility with smart regulators to monitor and protect the alternator and batteries.
- Professionally engineered bracketry to adapt to modern engines
- High charge at idle
- Faster recharge of batteries saving time and fuel
- Generator replacement- using your existing engine with a Nations Alternator gives you unlimited power without adding any additional fuel or engine
- Reliability- Nations has the experience and quality to last under the harshest conditions
What does your dual alternator kit come with?
If you plan to purchase only the dual alternator kit bracket and use your own alternator for the secondary position, your alternator must have the 4 Pin connection. An alternator with a 2 pin connection will not work on this kit.
- Dual alternator mounting bracket
- OEM GM idler pulley for the best serpentine belt life. Our
competitors use alternator bearings which can cause extreme heat and
destroy serpentine belts.
- Gates Green Stripe serpentine belt.
- ALL mounting hardware needed to install the bracket and alternator to the vehicle.
- An alternator excitation harness to turn on the secondary
alternator, and this kit will not cause any check engine codes/charging
- Installation Instructions